Homeowners insurance can offer you peace of mind by helping to protect your investment. Learn how to buy an insurance policy to protect your home in our area.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?Homeowners insurance is a series of coverages that may help pay to replace or repair your home and belongings if damaged by specific perils, such as theft or fire. Your insurance policy may also help cover costs if you accidentally damage another person's property or if a visitor on your property is injured.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?Homeowners insurance typically helps cover:
- This helps cover the structure of the home where you live ( including the foundation, walls, and roof). This protection may also help cover other structures attached to the home, such as a garage or a deck.
- Other structures on your property
- The other structures coverage in your policy helps pay for repairs or replacement for detached structures on your property, like a fence or shed, if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Personal property
- Personal property coverage helps pay to replace certain belongings, such as furniture and electronics, that are stolen or damaged by a covered loss.
- Liability for damage or injuries to someone else's property
- If you or a family member are found at fault for accidentally damaging someone else's property, this coverage may help pay for related repair costs and legal fees and help with medical bills.
- Fire and smoke
- Lightning strikes
- Vandalism and malicious mischief
- Damage from a car or vehicle
- Falling objects
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Water damage
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?The homeowner's insurance cost depends on several factors. This includes the coverages you select, features of your home, and the value of your personal belongings. If you choose additional or increased coverage limits, there may also be extra costs.
Coverage Limits and DeductiblesEach coverage in a homeowner's insurance policy has a limit — the maximum amount your policy would pay toward a covered loss. Some coverages may be adjusted to your needs — taking into account the value of your home, the value of your belongings, and how much it may cost to repair or replace them. Typically you would have to pay your deductible before your insurance kicks in to help cover a loss. Make sure to read your policy to review your coverage limits and deductibles.
What Kind Of Roof Damage Will My Homeowners Insurance Cover?Dwelling coverage helps protect your home's structure, including the roof, from specific perils. If your roof needs repairs after hail or windstorm damage, dwelling coverage helps cover the cost.
Personal property coverage helps pay to replace or repair your items if your home's contents are ruined as the outcome of a covered roof claim.
The roof of an unattached structure on your property, such as a shed or detached garage, may be covered by the other structures protection in a homeowner's insurance policy if a covered peril causes the damage.
How TTLC Inc Can HelpOur licensed roofers have worked with many homeowners to quickly and effectively repair any roof damage caused by hail, high winds, or falling branches. We work quickly to fix the damage and make sure it does not spread throughout your roof or house. To begin the repair process for you, TTLC Inc. will work directly with your insurance company. Contact us at 815.205.1500 for a free roofing estimate.
Subscribe to TTLC, Inc's Blog